Monday 15 July 2013

Louise's Music Favourites

Hello, here's for another crap explanation why we have been absent for a while. Oh well there's not really a good excuse except we've both been on holiday for the past two weeks. As usual life got in the way.

I thought i would do a music favourites as i really enjoy listening to music and have quite a varied music taste. However it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i hope you take at least one song/artist from it.

First is The 1975, the first song by them i heard was the famous 'Chocolate' i feel its a very summer and happy song. I also have a few others such as 'Sex', 'The City' and 'You' on my iTunes. I was jealous as they played T in the park (Scottish music festival) last weekend when i was on holiday. There album comes out soon so i'm really looking forward to listening to that.
I'm a fan of You Me At Six however after seeing the lead singer Josh Franceschi posting pictures of a him at the concert of Teagan and Sara i have become a fan of theirs. I really enjoy the song 'I Was A Fool'. Its very relaxing and i find myself having it stuck in my head for hours.

And obviously, Miley Cyrus, her new song 'We Cant Stop' is my summer song and is just a very upbeat tune. Its a bit of a change to her old Hannah Montana ways buy i have to say i do enjoy this song.


At the start of June Rachel and i went to the cinema with a couple of friends to see Great Gatsby. I havent read the book but the movie was very good, and the soundtrack is just as good. Some of the songs are a bit more suited to the older generation but my favourites are 'A Little Party Never Killed Nobody' by Fergie, 'Young and Beautiful' by Lana Del Rey, 'Crazy In Love' by Emelie Sande and 'No Church in the Wild' by Jay-Z and Kayne West.


Bastille have also been a big favourite of mine over the last few months. I feel that this band is quite alternative as Rachel is not a fan. However i have to say i really do like them, some of my favourites being 'Oblivion', 'Pompeii', 'Things We Lost in the Fire' and 'Weight of Living' part 1 and 2.

I have not heard any other songs by Haim however the song 'Falling' is definitely worth a listen. Also an alternative sound but very pop-y and upbeat.

Hope you enjoyed this post next one will be from Rachel and should be up soon. Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment